Title:Coffee Shop Guest Service Employee
Reports To:Director of Guest Services
You are responsible for providing friendly, individualized service; ensuring all guests feel welcome when they arrive and have a warm and memorable experience at The Village Baptist Church. This position is responsible for performing sales, customer assistance, processing of merchandise and clerical duties in the campus coffee shop.
Ultimate Purpose: Lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by ensuring every person who attends The Village Baptist Church has a remarkable guest experience.
- Welcome guests and engage with them to determine their interests and needs.
- Educate guests by presenting and explaining the menu, answering questions, and providing information concerning stock and availability
- Prepare items based on preparation guidelines in accordance with health and safety standards
- Attracts new guests through creative merchandising and setting up/ promoting new and expanded services and products.
- Ensure great product presentation; maintaining physical inventories, preparation of the inventory on a periodic basis and replenishing stock as needed.
- Conduct retail activities of school store business operation exclusively online. May perform duties such as preparing business strategy, buying merchandise, managing inventory, implementing marketing activities, fulfilling and shipping online orders, and balancing financial records.
- Upload digital media such as photos, video, or scanned images to online storefront.
- Perform routing closing procedure; counting cash drawer and shutting down computer systems and cash registers.
- Open/ close the coffee shop and book store in accordance with detailed procedures; maintain materials and assist with routine clerical duties such as processing mail and deliveries as needed.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Consistently improving quality of service; evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and cafe.
- Respond to or direct telephone and walk-in inquiries as appropriate
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform any other assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, and standards in a safe and efficient manner with minimal supervision.
You need to be:
- A team player
- A problem solver
- Committed to excellence
- A great manager of time / well-organized and detail oriented
- Committed to the vision and values of the church
- Inspirational communicator; great with interpersonal relationships
- Servant spirit; hospitable and seeking opportunity to serve
- Focused on growing spiritually and being a committed learner
- Working knowledge of bookstore sales procedures and practices.
- Ability to follow directions, read and copy information correctly.
- Ability to perform basic mathematic calculations.
- Ability to operate bookstore software for transactions and inventory.
- Working knowledge of the procedures and practices used in registering and handling cash receipts.
- Runs errands, when needed, to pick up supplies and/or product.
- May work special events, as needed.
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques; Ability to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
- Ability to demonstrate safe work habits and safe use of equipment.
Use computers for data entry and for word processing, spreadsheets, or custom applications.
Work Schedule: Varies based on business needs
Employee Signature:_________________________ Date:_______________